Aaron Ramsey is asking Juventus to settle the final year of their deal to move elsewhere for free as the Welsh star prepares to give up his £400,000-a-week contract in Turin
- Aaron Ramsey wants Juventus to complete the final year of his contract in Turin
- The midfielder is ready to say goodbye to his £400,000-a-week salary
- He was loaned out to Rangers last season and wants to join a new club for free
- The Welsh star would be highly sought after if he and Juve agreed on terms
- For the latest World Cup 2022 news and updates, click here
If Ramsey and Juve can agree on terms then the attacking midfielder, who turns 32 on Boxing Day, would be an attractive offer for a number of clubs as they would not have to pay a transfer fee.
Wales star Aaron Ramsey is in talks with Juventus to agree the last year of his contract
Despite his struggles under Massimiliano Allegri at Juventus, Ramsey remains a key player for his country and has consistently produced impressive performances. Alongside Gareth Bale, Ramsey is the outfield boss Rob Page can’t do without.
Ramsey’s differences with Allegri became clear last year when the former Arsenal man expressed dissatisfaction with the Juve manager’s training methods last October.
He said: “The training philosophy and methods are different at my club than at Wales.
The midfielder was loaned to Rangers in January and wants to join a club on a free transfer this summer
“There are a lot of people who work for Wales who have managed me for a number of years.
“So they know how to get the best out of me and allow me to play a lot of games in a row.
“Since my performance in games is quite high, I might need a little more rest and recovery during the week instead of maybe being on the pitch late and carrying more fatigue into games.”