How to clean white sneakers with toothpaste: Carolina McCauley shares a little-known hack
Mom-of-two reveals how to clean dirty sneakers with toothpaste: ‘This is my secret weapon for perfect white shoes’
- Australian mom Carolina McCauley is known for sharing cleaning tricks online
- In one video, she used toothpaste to clean her dirty white Nike sneakers
- The toothpaste removed brown stains and stains in minutes
- Others online were shocked by the seemingly “ingenious” hack
A cleaning enthusiast has wowed hundreds online after deciding to use toothpaste to clean her dirty Nike sneakers.
Carolina McCauley, from perth, Western AustraliaShe posted a video online encouraging others to try the lesser-known trick and demonstrating how it works.
“My secret for cleaning white shoes,” she captioned the clip, which shows the darkness Mars on her shoes.
Scroll down for videos
Carolina McCauley, from Perth, Western Australia, has posted a video online encouraging others to clean their white-soled sneakers with toothpaste
Carolina used a tiny drop of toothpaste on an old toothbrush (left) and then gently scrubbed the surface (right)
After a few minutes, the toothpaste was wiped off with a clean damp cloth. The shoes looked brand new (pictured right)
Carolina used a tiny drop of toothpaste on an old toothbrush, then gently scrubbed the surface.
She wiped the toothbrush in one motion, starting at the front and then working her way back.
After a few minutes, the toothpaste was wiped off with a clean damp cloth.
It’s important to only use white toothpaste without gel on white-soled sneakers and to test a small area of the shoe beforehand.
Since toothpaste can help whiten and whiten teeth, the bathroom clip also worked wonders cleaning Carolina’s sneakers.
The simple trick would be ideal for those who care about their sneakers but might still have a few smudges.
In the comments, other Instagram users tagged their friends to continue sharing the hack across the internet.
“Lots of good ideas here,” wrote one person.
‘Brilliant. Another cool trick is to use the Pink Stuff paste and Magic Eraser sponge,” suggested another.
Carolina has garnered a social media following of more than 4.8 million people by sharing “awesome” cleaning videos.
The best way to clean sneakers
1. Use a dry brush – Remove dirt from the outsole, midsole and upper with a dry shoe brush with soft bristles. No shoe brush? No problem – an old toothbrush will do, too
2. Prepare a mild cleaning solution – Mix warm water with a small amount of mild detergent
3. Wash the laces – Remove the laces and apply a small amount of the mild cleaning solution. Massage the laces, rinse and then dry with a soft cloth
4. Wash the soles – Apply the mild solution to a soft bristle brush and brush the outsole and midsole. Dry with a soft cloth
5. Wash and pat – Use the mild solution and a soft bristle brush or soft cloth to clean the upper. Then use a dry microfiber cloth or soft cloth to blot and remove as much soapy moisture and dirt as possible. Repeat if necessary
6. Allow to air dry at room temperature
While the hack is ideal for adults, it probably isn’t suitable for children’s shoes.
Last year, another mom went viral tick tock After revealing the product, she swears by cleaning her toddler’s dirty sneakers with ease.
The woman, who goes by the name Cleaning With Nessa on TikTok, shared one Video with her 2.5 million TikTok followers and used the Pink Miracle Shoe Cleaner available from Amazon Australia.
In the video, her daughter’s white and pink shoes looked dingy from overuse, but were restored to near-pristine condition after cleaning.
“I love a good before and after – but how good is that shoeshine boy?!” Nessa captioned the short video.
Last year, another mom went viral on TikTok after revealing the product she swears by to clean her toddler’s dirty sneakers with ease. The woman, who goes by the name Cleaning With Nessa on TikTok, shared how she cleaned her toddlers’ dirty shoes
In the short clip, Nessa puts a few drops of the formula on the brush and then uses it to clean a shoe
According to the product description, the all-in-one Pink Miracle Shoe Cleaner Kit has been around since 1985 and is the “first choice” for sneakers and shoes.
The product comes with a hard bristle brush and a pink concentrate that easily removes dirt and stains from shoes.
In the short clip, Nessa puts a few drops of the formula on the brush and then uses it to clean a shoe.
After a few minutes of scrubbing, the dirt is removed and the shoe is rinsed under water to show off its pristine condition.